To submit the travel grant application, please fill out the form HERE by Friday, September 21, 2018. Selected recipients will be notified by Friday, September 28, 2018. Please review the guidelines for submissions HERE.
All applicants should be:
1. 40 years of age or under, by the first day of the conference (November 11, 2018)
2. Able to write and understand English fluently and be full-time museum employees.
3. Current ICOM individual members, or ICOM ICEE members.
4. Aware that priority will be given to ICEE emerging members (≤ 40 years) from countries belonging to Categories 3 and 4 (as defined in the membership grid available at the following address):
5. Aware that young members who have received grants in the last three years (2015, 2016 and 2017) will not be given priority for a grant in 2018.
6. Up-to-date with their membership dues for 2015, 2016 and 2017.
New ICOM members who joined the organization in 2017 must have paid their dues for 2017 and 2018.
All applications must include:
1. To submit the application, please fill out the form at HERE by Friday, September 21, 2018. Selected recipients will be notified by Friday, September 28, 2018.
2. A 500 words statement of the applicant’s motivation for attending the annual meeting and the benefits which he/she expects to derive from it
3. The applicant’s curriculum vitae indicating training, work experience, publications as well as current work responsibilities within his/her institution (maximum one page)
4. A copy of a valid travel document (passport, identity card)
5. A letter of recommendation from the Chair of the applicant’s International or National Committee.
In awarding grants, priority will be given to those applicants:
1. Who show a good understanding of the benefits to be derived from attending the Annual Meeting of his or her International Committee.
2. Who come from countries belonging to Categories 4, 3 and 2 of the grid defined by ICOM, available at: http://icom.museum/fileadmin/user_upload/pdf/Membership/Categories_eng.pdf
3. Who may obtain other sources of funding to facilitate their attendance at the meeting.
Each grantee will be required to submit a report and/or a questionnaire within two weeks following the annual conference, stating his/her experience and contribution to ICOM activities and its International Committee. The resources for this programme are limited. Applicants are required to comply with the eligibility criteria stated in this document.